Middle School Teacher
Whetstone Academy is looking for a Montessori teacher to work with middle school boys in Mountain Rest, SC.
Positions: Lower Elementary Lead Teacher and Upper Elementary Lead Teacher, Coastal Montessori Charter School
Date Posted: February 10, 2013, until filled. Click for details (pdf)
Middle School Teacher
East Cooper Montessori Charter School is is growing and needs additional highly qualified, multi-talented educators to round out the Middle School staff. The Montessori Middle School model is run on a two-year cycle with students remaining in the care and guidance of their teachers throughout both years.
• Follows all ECMCS policy and procedures;
• Becomes knowledgeable about Montessori methodology, terminology and practices;
• Provides creative instructional experiences as they relate to Montessori curriculum expectations
• and Common Core Standards.
• Selects and gathers appropriate curriculum materials;
• Maintains any records and submits reports deemed necessary by ECMCS; and
• Maintains confidentiality for all identifiable information.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the designated supervisor;
• Establishes and maintains cooperative and supportive relationships with parents, students and
• Attends and participates at staff meetings;
• Attends open houses and other school functions; and
• Conducts one parent education session per year.
About ECMCS: ECMCS serves 259 students in grades 1st-8th. The school is a safe and peaceful community nestled in a nationally recognized neighborhood which boasts architectural and environmental beauty. Our students enjoy the close relationships that come with attending a small school while receiving an excellent education from a caring, competent and highly qualified faculty team. Send resume to: Jody@montessoricharterschool.com - no phone calls please.
Multiple Positions Available
Island Montessori Charter School, a new K-5 public charter school opening this August in Carolina Beach, NC, is seeking qualified individuals for the following positions:
• Head of School
• Administrative Staff
• Lead Teachers
• Assistant Teachers
• Specials Teachers (Spanish, Music, Art, and P.E./Environmental Education)
3-6 Level Teacher Needed
The Montessori School of Columbia is expanding and seeking an additional 3-6 teacher for the 2012-2013 school year. Established in 1983, the Montessori School of Columbia is an authentic Montessori preschool through sixth grade in the capital of South Carolina. With the Blue Ridge Mountains on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other, the school is minutes away from downtown Columbia and the University of South Carolina.
Qualifications: Applicants must be certified at the 3-6 level from a MACTE-accredited program, hold an undergraduate degree at minimum, have a positive attitude, grace and courtesy, excellent communication skills, and a willingness to learn from and work with fellow faculty members as a team. Teaching experience preferred.
Benefits: Salary to commensurate with experience, paid holidays and matching 401k.
Contact: Karen Kuse at (803)783-8838 or firstname.lastname@example.org